Sex And The Tri-Cities

"The Picture Does Not Make Me As Good Looking As I Know I Am!" -CJO

Thursday, May 31, 2007

On A Lighter Note!

I am growing out my finger nails. For those of you who know me well, will realize that this is a bit of a challenge since I hate the white parts that show at the tips. It all started with a manicure that lasted for a week (IIIiii know!) and when it was time to remove the polish the nails had grown. Honestly, it does not look so bad and I plan on growing them for as long as I can mentally take it. My boss at work has challenged me to this and mentioned that if I was a character in a book this would be my "quirk" and it would be my plot to overcome the life obstacle. I replied with "that would be an awfully boring book" to which he said I would not be the main character...my boss is great yet can be a real tool sometimes.

This weekend is the FC game in Toronto - I am so excited! Spending time with TG, watching a game that he loves (and I enjoy) on a hot sunny afternoon...can't think of anything better, especially since I found out that the field is licensed - Holla! I wondered this because in Europe I never see fans drinking in the stands and TG informed me that they don't because alcohol is a "riot instigator" - good point! I need something red to wear and hopefully I will get my hands on a t-shirt prior to Saturday - otherwise I will make TG fake-apply for a Visa at the field so we can get the free gift (usually the home team t-shirt).

Hypothetically speaking, IF (and I mean IF) I were to get pregnant, I think that this year would be a good one to do so. Again, for those of you who know me (and have not passed out yet), I am referring to something much more superficial then motherhood. Rather, I am referring to fashion this season. In a previous post, I expressed my lack of enthusiasm with this years spring apparel and now my reference to pregnancy is not only "tongue in cheek" but also a lack of enthusiasm for the summer "fashion" for us non-pregnant people. (Shout out to by birth control - Thanks!) Everything (and I mean nearly everything) I saw in the stores yesterday was tight at the tits and then loose and flowy (and looong) around the middle - is there no happy medium?! Maybe it's just me this style is not suited for? I could honestly not tell the difference between the maternity section and the womens section at a popular chain store. This store, we'll refer to it as Elderly Sailor, was full of the a-line, empire type shirts in the bright colours popular this time of year. I honestly hope that this style sticks around for when (IF) I carry a child, I would be a smoking preggo lady - not so much when it just looks like you are hiding your regular stomach pooch! On the contrary, the shorts were all shorty-short-booty-shorts - go figure! WTF? I guess the guys have it made with the tight across the tits and cooch hanging out potential of the latest summer styles this season. I mentioned this to TG (in passing) and before I finished my rant he replied with "Hellz ya - it's going to be a good summer!" He then looked for confirmation from another male and was left with "...eh Neo?! Yea! Yea!" Somehow I am not convinced that Neo cares since I saw him nuzzle a door knob earlier today.

After some Boston Pizza and air conditioning, I finally feel that past issues can be laid to rest, we can move forward and get on with better things now that we've cooled off, literally.

The quote today is brought to you by TG:

"Ooohhh, it's Dr. McElevator!"

(Seriously is anyone going to watch the Grey's spin off?)

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm feelin your pain with the selection of summer wardrobe ;)
    my AC is (hopefully) getting fixed tomorrow and i will also feel cooled off!
    thanks for the laugh
    harmony

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ROFLMAO. Elderly Sailor... Neo nuzzling a door knot, book about you and your nails... well done.

    So you're in Toronto, eh? You should come by!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home