Sex And The Tri-Cities

"The Picture Does Not Make Me As Good Looking As I Know I Am!" -CJO

Saturday, May 05, 2007

I was officially pulled over for the first time this morning by the police. I stopped at Tim Hortons, got a coffee and a muffin then proceeded my casual part time job for 6 am.

As I cruised down the dark'ish (at 5:30 you could see both the sun and the moon), EMPTY road, down the hill and through the green light, THAT was when it happened - the cherries came on and I was signaled to pull over. It was NOT a cop car but rather a - what looked like- an armoured truck (think Brinks) that caught my speed - of course! I was scared...

So with my hands on the wheel nervously (a tip someone once told me) he approaches and says "Good Morning" and asks what's in my bag (pointing to my breakfast)?. To which I reply "...ummm...bran muffin" - it was at that point in time that I knew I was not getting a ticket - seriously, who asks that?! He notices my City badge, asks who I work for, then asks for my license. Before he returns to his truck he notifies me that (apparently) I was doing 90 in a 50 - huh, who knew?!

He promptly returns to my window, compliments me on my clean driving record and reminds me to slow down. I was tempted to offer the officer my muffin after he let me off since he seemed so interested in what I was eating for breakfast, but I decided not too. After all, I wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea!

Drive Safe and have a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow - scary! glad to hear you got off without a ticket. I've been ticket-free since 2003 now, and remember the sinking feeling it gives to be pulled over!

    Hope you're good otherwise. Our condo is sooo messy with boxes. I got back from Chicago late Saturday and have had no time to work on unpacking.

    Are you free on Friday to meet and get D's dresses together?

    Have a good one...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home