Sex And The Tri-Cities

"The Picture Does Not Make Me As Good Looking As I Know I Am!" -CJO

Friday, September 08, 2006

"Earl's" Pedicure vs. Soccer Karma

For the last little bit TG has had some "rough patches" on his feet. They are not that bad but having him notice it and then mention it to me in conversation, I assumed that it must bother him.
Since I LOVE to go to the drug store for no reason, I thought at least having a reason to go there would be good and I offered to pick up a pedicure type foot file for him. TG smiled as though he would appreciate something like that and agreed that it would be a good idea to pick one up. Given the amount of money I've spent over the years at Shoppers/Pharma I am surprised I do not own one already...I swear I did!

Fast Forward...

TG came home from soccer with a huge smile on his face having finally won a game with his shiteous team. (Believe it or not these guys may actually be going to the "B" finals - here's hoping!) TG scored 3 goals and was quite pleased with himself.
TG: "I am gonna have a shower..."
Mano: "Good - BTW, I got one of those foot files for you" (Offers it to TG)
TG: "I don't want that, I scored 3 goals." (Looks at me in disgust/shock)
Mano: "So then you are not going to use this?!"
TG: "That's right. Well...not until soccer is over..."
Mano: "Whatever..." (Rolls eyes somewhat un-impressed)
Long pause....
TG: "But...Thanks though Babe!" (Realizing that he may have offended me)
Mano: (To herself) "Whatever..."

PS - TG plays soccer YEAR ROUND and hence will never end. Also, TG (*ego stroke*) is pretty good so I assume he will contine to score goals.

I guess we all have our superstitions when it comes to sports and I should be grateful that he washes his soccer socks and shorts and I guess I really shouldn't give a crap about HIS feet.

Last week TG comes home from soccer again with a big grin on his face and says that he scored again. I am once again happy for him, but in the back of my head think..."Well, I guess he won't be filing his feet this week" The pedicure file is yet to be used...

Some background information:


  • I have a fantasy of a "guy in a suit" and me getting a pedicure. I am completely turned on by a guy that will get one and not feel like a chick. The suit pants rolled up to the knees and feet in the soapy water while we flip through sophisticated magazines...HAWT!
  • The file cost $14 - there are a lot of other things at the store that I would have spent $14 on had I known that the rough patch on his foot was his good luck charm. (And all along I thought I was his good luck charm....*gag*)
  • Overall, it really does not bother me because if anyone does the kicking/tossing/cover-stealing in the night it is me and the trade off is equal. Here is how I see it:

Rough Feet+Restful Sleep = Mano is not scratched or agitated
Smooth Feet+ Un-Restful Sleep = TG is just agitated and not scratched
(therefore in the end, we are both just a little agitated!)

Have a good weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That conversation is not quite like I remember it. I didn't say "I don't want that." It was more like: "Are ya kidding me? I just scored 3 goals!"

    Hrmm... maybe not so different.

    I'll use before indoor starts, we'll call it a clean slate. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home